Skills selector in Deepy

Hi, I’m playing with the Deepy demo and I would like to implement a skills selector feature. Do you have any suggestion on how to do it? Or is it OK not to have a skills selector, because it’s enough to just rank responses? Thanks for your clarification!

2 Likes

Hi great question!

When you have just a few skills it’s ok to use the built-in one which sends inquiries to all skills.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! What model is then used to sort the different replies? And what happens when there are many skills involved? I’m just trying to understand how things work :wink:

1 Like

Oh, this depends. We use a mix of rules and conversation evaluation model to pick the best response. This is actually a subject of an extensive research which is what our DREAM 2 team is currently working within Amazon Alexa Prize 4, for example.

We suggest you to read our Technical Report from the last year’s Alexa Prize 3 to get a better perspective of how Response Selector is built in the relatively big socialbots/AI Assistants.

1 Like

Thank you very much Daniel! I will read the AP3 report, and wait for the AP4 one!

1 Like