UFuncTypeError: ufunc 'clip' did not contain a loop with signature matching types (dtype('<U32'), dtype('<U32'), dtype('<U32')) -> dtype('<U32')

I am using this config file DeepPavlov/rusentiment_convers_bert.json at master · deepmipt/DeepPavlov · GitHub with a slight change to solve a multi-class classification problem. First time I trained this model, my model turned out to be overfitted, so now I add some changes as below:

"weight_decay_rate": 0.001,
"learning_rate_drop_patience": 1,
"learning_rate_drop_div": 2.0,
"load_before_drop": True, 
"min_learning_rate": 1e-03,
"attention_probs_keep_prob": 0.5,
"hidden_keep_prob": 0.5,

also, I increased the batch size, it was 16 before now:

"batch_size": 32

and added some metrics:

"log_loss",
  "matthews_correlation",

Also changed validation_patience to 1 and added tensorboard func

"validation_patience": 1,
"tensorboard_log_dir": "logs/",

and these are all the changes I made to my model, and when i tried to train my model, it is giving me following error:

UFuncTypeError                            Traceback (most recent call last)
        /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/numpy/core/fromnumeric.py in _wrapfunc(obj, method, *args, **kwds)
             60     try:
        ---> 61         return bound(*args, **kwds)
             62     except TypeError:

15 frames
UFuncTypeError: ufunc 'clip' did not contain a loop with signature matching types (dtype('<U32'), dtype('<U32'), dtype('<U32')) -> dtype('<U32')

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

UFuncTypeError                            Traceback (most recent call last)
<__array_function__ internals> in clip(*args, **kwargs)

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/numpy/core/_methods.py in _clip_dep_invoke_with_casting(ufunc, out, casting, *args, **kwargs)
     83     # try to deal with broken casting rules
     84     try:
---> 85         return ufunc(*args, out=out, **kwargs)
     86     except _exceptions._UFuncOutputCastingError as e:
     87         # Numpy 1.17.0, 2019-02-24

At first, I thought it has something to do with a dataset, however, i did not change my dataset and it has run the first time I trained this model.

Feel free to answer in any language you prefer (maybe Russian) if it will make it faster for you to answer, Thank you

Check the answer here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/67507438/15137180

1 Like